Re: [css3-flexbox] intuitivity and width computation rules

On 13/01/11 02:42, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Seems like styles like this should do it:
>
> #W { width: 200px; }
> .TwoFx { width: calc(0.5 * (100% - 200px)); }
> .Fx { width: calc(0.25 * (100% - 200px)); }

Thanks, I'll give that a go at some point today.

> I'm not sure I follow. You have the container already, right? So you
> could just style that as a table and the things inside as cells....

I'd always assumed you had to have an element with table-row in there,
now I've tried it things actually work better in Opera without the extra
wrapper, though not sure why.

> That runs us into into the various weirdness with table layout, though.
> _That_ I'm not sure most people can explain sanely, and it's definitely
> not compatible across browsers. I definitely can't explain it.

I've been struggling to find a description of what display:
table/-row/-cell are expected to do in the specs, can anyone give me a
pointer?

Rob