Re: Filter Templates

On Jan 11, 2011, at 11:34 AM, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2011, at 11:27 AM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:

Agreed that using SVG Parameters is the right approach (I wasn't aware of that before). Still, what you wrote above for the CSS part doesn't seem very appealing. What if there was still an added element in the SVG to indicate value order, so that the CSS part can be shorter and more CSS-like? Thus:

<feTemplate values="param1 && [param2 param3 param4?]"/>

...where Param1, etc. are defined as per the SVG Parameters spec. The syntax of the "values" attribute would by similar to that used in CSS module specs (with the ampersands, pipes, etc.), so it would be familiar. Thus, if param1 above is supposed to be a color, then it would be valid if it came at either the beginning or end of the CSS value, and you could still have this:

filter: url(#bradsDropShadow) 4px 5px red;

Or maybe like this:

filter: bradsDropShadow(4px 5px red);

Or like this:

filter: url(#bradsDropShadow 4px 5px red);