RE: [CSS3-text] text-underline-position and superscript

Koji Ishii [mailto:kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp] wrote on Sunday, December
26, 2010 6:23 AM
> Thank you for your summary. Yes, the way you organized issues
> matches to what I think they should be.
>
> For issue #1, it's generalized as "underlining to text that
> contains multiple different properties (fonts, super/sub,
> etc.)", and I agree that it should be handled better.
> Actually it does in the current CSS3 text spec[1]. Can you
> please review it and see if the problem still exists?
>
> For issue #2, I still see the issue is the same one as Kenny
> brought up[2]. I'm not against the idea, I actually would
> like it happen, I'm just saying the issue is different from
> #1. I was actually hoping to write up something once I've got
> happen unfortunately. If you could go back to the thread and
> continue the discussions, that'd be helpful to make it happen.
>
> [1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-text/#line-decoration
> [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Dec/0117.html

I believe that the information found at
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-text/#line-decoration addresses my issues
with regard to superscript.  It might be nice to add subscript just so
it is clear what would happen with that.

As a side note, in Firefox at a minimum font size of 18px, the bottom of
several lines of the code in Example X are getting shaved off, the
portion within and including the blockquote tags.

Hope this helps,
Charles Belov
SFMTA Webmaster