Re: [CSS21] remove mentions of percentage intrinsic widths/heights

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 8:44 AM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> In sections 10.3.2 and 10.6.2 CSS 2.1 has references to percentage
> intrinsic widths/heights.
>
> In discussions with the SVG working group just now, the SVG working
> group believes that width/height on the root SVG element never
> actually lead to a percentage intrinsic dimension.
>
> Since these cases of percentage intrinsic dimensions actually all
> lead to horrible results, we should probably remove mention of
> percentage intrinsic dimensions from the specification, since we
> don't actually have any use cases for them (and fix the relevant
> tests in the test suite).

These two references still haven't been removed in the CSS2.1 WD
(unless it's been done since Dec7 last year).  The latter will be gone
when my edits for list-style-image are accepted, but the 10.3.2
reference still exists.  It appears that it can be deleted outright.

For reference, we resolved to remove these two references in the Nov17
telcon <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Nov/0264.html>.