Re: [css3-text] Tab U+0009 expansions to 8 spaces

On 02/24/2011 07:08 AM, Brad Kemper wrote:
> I think it needs to have a<length>  if it is to be definable at all.
> That is more normal for tabs (in word processing, graphic design, etc.)
> than counting out space characters.

Tabs in word processing and graphic design aren't fixed lengths,
they're fixed positions. Using tabs in this way is a layout system,
and there are much better proposals for doing that using elements
and properties rather than tab characters. When you're using a
tabbed layout system, you want to set positions and alignment,
leader characters, etc. It's not about the size of the tab character.
So I consider such use cases to be out-of-scope for this feature.

~fantasai