Re: cursor: zoom-in and zoom-out; other possible CSS3 cursors

Le Ven 18 février 2011 10:52, Tantek Çelik a écrit :
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 07:01, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:
>> * Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
>>>With the release of Opera 11.10, we added two new cursor types:
>>> -o-zoom-in
>>>and -o-zoom-in. (These are used for a new image viewer.) Mozilla already
>>>supports -moz-zoom-in and -moz-zoom-out,
>
> Verified in Firefox and I only have Opera 11.01 on MacOS X so I am
> unable to verify the support for -o-zoom-in and -o-zoom-out but your
> word on a second implementation is good enough for an editor's draft.
>
>>> so perhaps we should start
>>>thinking about standardizing this? I can imagine it would be generally
>>>useful on the larger web for things like zoom-able maps.
>
> Agreed.
>
> Added to CSS3 UI editor's draft (since this new feature can exit CR
> once we complete the LCWD bounce dance cycle).
>
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-ui/#cursor

Tantek,

You did not provide a description of the shape of those zoom-in, zoom-out
cursors.

Proposed text:
Often rendered as a magnifying glass with a "+" sign in its center for
zoom-in and with a "-" sign in its center for zoom-out.

----------------

dynamic-zoom: Adobe (in one of its application: IIRC, it was Acrobat
Reader) uses a cursor to allow the user to increase or decrease the
dimensions of objects like an image.

DHTML demo using it:
http://www.gtalbot.org/DHTMLSection/DynamicMagnification.html

----------------

grab and grabbing cursors:
Those should be added into CSS 3 UI: grab and grabbing cursors help
indicate/reveal a draggable element in a drag-N-drop context and an
element being dragged, moved. Intuitively speaking, graphically speaking,
this cursor is much more natural, meaningful to users than the move "+"
cursor.

Demo:
http://www.gtalbot.org/DHTMLSection/Positioning.html
(grab and drag the Position pseudo-titlebar)

Other cursors:

http://www.gtalbot.org/DHTMLSection/Cursors.html#Proprietary

--
CSS 2.1 Test suite RC5 (January 11th 2011)

Contributions to CSS 2.1 test suite