Re: CSS Variables Draft Proposal

But if module names are global (as I suspect they have to be), it seems like you have swapped a potential problem of unintended clashes of variable names, into a potential problem of unintended clashes of module names.  Which is a smaller problem, to be sure, and to be a real problem, you'd have to have both the module name and a variable in that module unintentionally collide, which also reduces the likelihood. But it doesn't appear to close the door, as it were.

On Feb 17, 2011, at 9:11 , Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> Something like what I called Modules in
> <http://www.xanthir.com/blog/b49w0>.  That proposal is essentially
> just brainstorming, as we don't have immediate plans to even try an
> experimental implementation, but it roughly outlines our thinking on
> this matter.
>
> Scoped stylesheets may also be used to contain variables if you really
> don't want to leak them out to the global scope.

David Singer