Re: [css3-transitions] Transitions from display:none

On 12/14/11 1:49 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Yup, which is a good reason why Transitions should act like Animations
> and not start if the start-state was display:none.

My point is that the not-computing behavior may not be limited to
display:none.

Again, nothing in the spec currently says when styles are actually
computed.  Transition starts depend on changes to computed style, so
transitions can only start if the style changes after the first time
it's computed.

If we seriously wanted to define this somehow, we would need to define
_exactly_ when styles are computed.  Doing this and getting UA vendors
to agree to the definition could be exciting.

-Boris