Re: [css3-lists] repeating is off by one, negative in predefined styles, wording

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 4:27 AM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr> wrote:
> Le 07/12/2011 13:07, Simon Sapin a écrit :
>> Four unrelated issues with Lists 3:
> Forgot the fifth:
>
> I don’t understand the example in 8.1 Nested counters and scope. The last
> <ol> element has the comment "(set item[4] to 0". However, if I understand
> scoping correctly, at this point the scopes for all but the zeroth instance
> of the counter are finished, so it should be 1 again.
> Why is the comment not "(set item[1] to 0" ? (And subsequent comments
> accordingly.)

The numbers do not indicate nesting, but rather name individual
counters.  The item[4] counter is a brand new counter, so it gets a
new number.

As well, item[0] is out of scope by virtue of the fact that item[4] is
declared in the first place - a scope only extends up to the first
sibling that resets the same counter.  Similarly, the item[2] counter
is out of scope when the item[3] counter is created.

The scope chains in the example are:
0
0 1
0 1 2