Re: [css3-text] @text-transform

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 12:36:14 +0100, Christoph Päper
<christoph.paeper@crissov.de> wrote:

> Christoph Päper:
>
>>  scope: [ phrase || word || [ partial | [ initial || medial || final]# ]
>>        || character || base || diacritic ]#

I think I like this, at least if we leave diacritics out of the discussion
for a moment. That said, while
the meaning of initial, medial and final is fairly obvious, I wouldn't
mind an explanation of the other values.

> (This particular example should rather be handled by smart fonts,
> methinks, since long s like final sigma should never have gotten Unicode
> positions of their own.)

Sure, but we have to live with and work around Unicode as it is. I don't
think
we're likely to get a better alternative any time soon.

> PS: CSS properties and descriptors are usually nouns, not verbs,
>     therefore ‘convert’ is not an optimal choice.

Any suggestion?

  - Florian