Re: [css3-text] Splitting CSS Text into Level 3 and Level 4

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 6:49 AM, Florian Rivoal <florianr@opera.com> wrote:
> I've made a little draft of what the proposed @text-transform could look
> like,
> and how it would be used to solve the use cases we've discussed so far:
>
> http://wiki.csswg.org/ideas:at-text-transform

For the first issue (regarding whether to use an ident or an
function-with-ident), just use an ident and define a few special
values as not overwritable by authors (specifically, "none",
"initial", "inherit", and any other global values we end up creating).

For the 'convert' and 'convert-range' descriptors, I recommend instead
taking an approach similar to what Lists does now.  Create two
descriptors "convert-from" and "convert-to" and have each take a
space-separated list of idents, strings, or <urange>s (from Fonts).
The corresponding entries in the two lists are then paired up.

Hmm.  That still doesn't get us around the issue of what definition
for grapheme cluster to use, though.  Darn.