Re: `overflow: hidden` on tables for border rounding doesn't seem to be supported by the standard

On 12/1/11 3:09 PM, Simon Sapin wrote:
> Le 01/12/2011 21:06, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu a écrit :
>> If I understand correctly, 'display: table' is still not mentioned in
>> this sentence.
>>
>> I would sincerely appreciate it if there's venn-diagram here showing
>> which of the display types belong to which categories as these are used
>> everywhere.
>
> "Table cells" in this sentence is short for "boxes with `display:
> table-cell`".
>
> What do you mean by "categories"?

Right now, answering the question "What elements does the 'overflow'
property apply to?" is rocket science.  It says it applies to "block
containers", but the text isn't a link, and actually finding the
definition of that term, assuming there is one at all, is near-impossible.

-Boris