Re: [css3-transitions] Should a transition reversal fire a transitionStart event ?

On 01/12/2011, at 1:01 PM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:

>> On 30/11/2011, at 11:17 AM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
>>
>>> Section 4. covers reversal and defines those as 'new' transitions. Is
>> that the literal intent i.e. given a start event* would a start fire on
>> each reversal ?
>>
>> Yes, that's the intent.
>>
>>> Or is this meant to describe a new phase/state of the transition?
>>
>> I think it should be as if there is a new transition from the current
>> point back to the originating point. The end event will have an
>> elapsedTime that is less than the regular transition duration.
>>
> OK so if a transition is reversed you'd see start(F),end(F),start(R), end(R)
> with the elapsed times on end(f) and start(R) reflecting their actual position
> on the overall timeline?

I don't think you should see end(F). That should only fire when the transition hits its end point (duration expires). Besides, in this case you could use start(R) for the same purpose.

Agree?

(Another option would be to have a "cancel" event)

Dean