Re: [css-ui] Definition and scope of 'resize' property

On 08/19/2011 01:47 PM, Tantek Çelik wrote:
> Aryeh, Charles,
>
> Both your sets of suggested improvements to the 'resize' property sound reasonable.
>
> Assuming there's some degree of interoperability (or strong potential / imminent
> expectation thereof) among current 'resize' implementations, and no objections
> (or other problems), I'll update the spec accordingly.

I don't think CSS should be requiring the UA to alter the DOM. If the UA wants to
treat resizing as an injection of width/height into the cascade rather than as a
ratio, that's one thing. But altering the DOM is another. So far, the DOM has been
a read-only object for the CSS model.

~fantasai