From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of fantasai
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:14 PM
To: www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions Telecon 201-08-17

On 08/17/2011 09:04 PM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> [fantasai:]
>>     - RESOLVED: Put ltr | rtl keywords back into image(), mark as at-risk.
>> <fantasai>  Florian, prefixes are dropped per feature, not per module.
>
> Don't know how I missed this; the last time I pointed out we agreed we
> could move to CR on a per-feature basis when possible you said we did
> not in fact agree to that, though we discussed it. Can you point to
> the decision allowing us to do this? If that is the case then we never
> needed to move anything to Level 4 on the grounds of moving gradient standardization forward, did we ?

We did not agree to move to CR on a per-feature basis.
We did agree to allow prefix-dropping on a per-feature basis.

Dropping prefixes != moving to CR.

Dropping prefixes requires:
   1. The feature is in CR.
   2. The implementation is correct *per CR spec*
   3. The implementation proves its correctness via tests.

It's possible for #1 to be true for features that don't satisfy all three.

See
   http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS/#testing

~fantasai