Re: [css3-images] new side-or-corner keywords?

On 11/08/2011 2:04 PM, Brian Manthos wrote:
> Sigh.

[snip]
> None of these references even hints at adding start, end, before or
> after as new keywords in the linear-gradient syntax.

Did you read the onlist message that proceeded this offlist exchange.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Jun/0274.html

http://css-class.com/test/css/bidi/kanji-test-linear-gradient-media.htm

   | Resize the viewport either wider or narrower than 800px.
   | Disregarding the issue with how long a gradient is,
   | does this show that left can also be confused with top?
   | Also consider how much worst this is in Mongolian vertical
   | writing mode. At least _start_ never changes.

I am talking about logical start in both instances here. I presume you
didn't quite understand what I meant at the time.

>> To say that you have never heard of start, end, before, or after
>> used with linear gradients until now is false since this is what I
>> mentioned to you offlist over a month ago.
>
> ...you're incorrect.
>

> I can forward you the mails offlist if you'd like to discuss
> further.

You don't have to. I now presume that you were not aware that I was
talking about logical values in  gradients when I show that test case.
Those were the days that this mailing list descended into chaos about
gradients (47 messages over 3 days) in the _Summary of recent gradient
issues_ thread [1]. I can understand anyone not fully understanding
others at this point of time.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2011Jun/thread.html#msg377

--
Alan Gresley