RE: [css3-background] 'background-size: auto auto' and images with intrinsic size in one dimension

Nah, just make sure something representative shows up on the compliance radar at some point.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tab Atkins Jr. [mailto:jackalmage@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2011 3:05 PM
To: Brian Manthos
Cc: L. David Baron; Boris Zbarsky (bzbarsky@MIT.EDU); www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: [css3-background] 'background-size: auto auto' and images with intrinsic size in one dimension

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Please submit some test cases on this.  Because it's gone well beyond simple at this point.

The CSS2.1 testsuite somewhat tests this already in <http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/background-intrinsic-006.htm>,
though it's limited by the lack of background-size, which wasn't introduced until B&B.  For example, Chrome fails this for silly reasons - we first size the viewport to be 40%/60% of the background canvas, then size the <svg> to be 40%/60% of the viewport bounds.

This will be tested thoroughly by the B&B testsuite, when it's written.  Would you like a few impromptu testcases now?