Re: [selectors4] prefixed?

Has anyone ever suggested an actual extensibility mechanism for
selectors like this?  It's pretty trivial in jquery and looking at
webkit code at least it seems like the basic idea is not so far off.
Maybe just an attribute specifying one or more urls for plug-ins and
then when a prefixed, unknown pseudo is encountered you could call out
to the checker - obviously that may be slower than the compiled ones
but given its position, this is more or less a simple test that merely
says whether or not the rule should be applied.

Something like that would allow people to shim very useful ideas (like
-web-nth-match) or even develop new ones and see what the uptake is
way earlier and with way less commitment from the browser
manufacturers.

-Brian