Re: [cssom-view] 6.1 getBoundingClientRect with SVG content

On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 12:40:07 +0200, Robert Longson <longsonr@gmail.com>
wrote:
> The description of getBoundingClientRect for SVG content does not
> match what IE and Firefox have implemented. In SVG the getBBox method
> [1] excludes the stroke of an object, whereas the implementation of
> getBoundingClientRect in both IE 9 and Firefox includes the stroke. I
> believe there is no way to get the stroke extents in SVG if
> getBoundingClientRect won't do it.
>
> Should the specification change to match what's implemented?

The specification does not state to use the getBBox method. I am not sure
what it should say exactly there though. The current text is based on a
suggestion from roc if I remember correctly.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/