Re: [css] Proposal: making Shorthand Hex Colors even shorter (16 grayscale shades)

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 4:44 PM, Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com> wrote:
> I totally agree with Tab here regarding a 2-hexadigit variant. The expansion
> rule is different and could be confusing to authors if any method was
> spec'd. I'm also against having a 4-hexadigit as a shortcut for 8-hexadigit
> (last two digits for alpha).

Bwuh?  Are you against an 8-digit hex variant as well, or just against
the 4-digit variant specifically?  If the latter, why?  4-digit hex is
expanded to 8-digit hex in exactly the same way that 3-digit expands
to 6-digit.