RE: Transforms and z-index (Was: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2011-04-20)

[Philippe Wittenbergh:]
> On Apr 22, 2011, at 2:16 PM, Simon Fraser wrote:
>
> > I think you misunderstand. Those still work. I'm saying that 'left' and
> 'top'
> > don't apply to a statically positioned, transformed element.
>
> er.. yeah, reading failure on my part. Sorry about that.
>
> But it still feels weird that an AP child/descendant of a statically
> positioned transformed  element uses the transformed element as its
> containing block.

I agreed, at first; but if rotating or scaling an element and all its
content required you to write script and apply the same transform to all
its positioned children, wouldn't it be weirder and quite possibly a lot
less useful?