Re: Transforms and z-index (Was: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2011-04-20)

On 22/04/2011 3:16 PM, Simon Fraser wrote:
> On Apr 21, 2011, at 8:28 PM, Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:
>
>> On Apr 22, 2011, at 12:05 PM, Simon Fraser wrote:

>>> I don't think this changes the fact that z-index should not apply to a transformed
>>> element (just as 'left' and 'top' do not apply), but I wanted to mention it in case
>>> someone disagrees.
>>
>> I was going to note that  (with an absolute pos. child of a transform). But you confuse me. In all UA I've tested (Gecko 1.9.2+, Webkit nightly, Opera 11.10), 'left' and 'top' are applied to the AP child of a transform.
>
> I think you misunderstand. Those still work. I'm saying that 'left' and 'top'
> don't apply to a statically positioned, transformed element.
>
> Simon

Simon,

What is a statically positioned transformed element?

Do you mean an element with position static that has non been
transformed but when transformation happens, it becomes position relative?

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/