Re: [css3] [css21] browser specific CSS

On 20/04/2011 7:59 AM, Glenn Linderman wrote:

> I see several problems here:
> 1) no CSS technique for scrolling table body rows.
> 2) without a float, directive, the scrollbar is far away from the data
> being scrolled.
> 3) with a float, different browsers render the table differently, even
> though there is no width constraint.
>
> Demonstration page: http://nevcal.com/test/testtab3.html

To get the columns from shrink wrapping.

.mh5>div
{
width:100%;
margin-right: 20px;
}

All browsers are showing correctly that I can test (FF version 3.6.16
has been gobbled by FF4) apart from Safari which does not clip the
margin-right in a overflowing container. To fix that change this CSS,

.mh5
{
overflow: auto;
height: 100px;
width: auto;
float: left;
}

to this.

.mh5
{
overflow-y: auto;
overflow-x: hidden;
height: 100px;
width: auto;
float: left;
}

Does this help?

I should add that floats (or tables) with auto width and cases involving
overflow use to be very buggy in 2008.

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/