Re: [css3-flexbox] Best way to denote flexible lengths

Obviously flexible padding is not the same as box alignment.

I saw cases like:

div {
  padding:0 1*; width:50%;
}

The desire here is to have
1) content box of 50% of container's width;
2) content positioned in the middle;
3) hit test area shall be full "row"  for :hover and :active;

#3 is a key-point here.

Rarely but used.

I suspect that the same is about flexible borders.
Especially if to consider expandable border-images.

The box alignment is a separate story.

First of all it should be two of them:
  vertical-align and horizontal-align

For example for flow:horizontal; container
(single row flex box)

'vertical-align' applies on per child basis -
if there is a free space left after vertical flex calculation
for this child then this particular child gets aligned
vertically.

'horizontal-align' applies as a whole -
if space left after flex calculation among all
children then all of them are shifted according
to horizontal-align.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk

http://terrainformatica.com