RE: [css3-ui][html5] Form control orientation and styling

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> [Ian Hickson:]

> > > Not sure what 'new binding' means here.
> >
> > A new value of the BECSS 'binding' property, e.g. a new XBL binding,
> > that defines what the widget looks like, how it interacts, etc.
>
> So is your suggestion to implement support for XBL/BECSS ? If so I'd
> like to consider solutions - if any - that do not require it.

If the goal is being able to replace a widget with an entirely different
look and feel, as in that example above, then we need some sort of widget
binding language. Whether it's XBL, HTC, or something else entirely is an
open question. But it's something we will eventually have to solve,
because currently the Web platform simply has no good answer to the
question of how to change a widget's look and feel (or indeed how to model
the way a widget's look and feel is platform-specific).