Re: [css3-text] script-specific functionality

2011/4/8 Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>:
> On 4/7/11 8:51 PM, "Koji Ishii" <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp> wrote:
>
>>> About the 'hanging-puctuation' property:
>>>
>>>  - it seems that an ending quote cannot hang?
>>
>> Correct. See the picture at Wikipedia:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanging_punctuation
>> If you have use case for an ending quote to hang, I'd be happy to know.
>
> This may be the case for CJK, but in Roman type hanging punctuation can
> include quote marks and other punctuation at the ends of lines. The spec at
> the moment says that "at most one punctuation character may hang," but there
> are many examples of a quote ending in a period or comma where both period
> and end quote are hung outside the right edge.

I totally agree. That picture on Wikipedia is very misleading, and
IMHO Wikipedia is not very trustworthy for matters related to
typography and design (and because of their policy of requiring
references it is very difficult to correct their errors, as a lot of
such knowledge is either unwritten or not available online).

--
cheers,
-ambrose

my thoughts on HTML5: http://goo.gl/vhv5F + http://goo.gl/leonq