Re: [css3-text] Allow control of text-decoration width

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp> wrote:
> Your use case is interesting, but I'd also be surprised if the following two actions produced different results.
> * Apply underline to "bar baz quz" and then remove underline from "baz"
> * Apply underline to "bar" of "bar baz quz", and then to "quz"

Yeah, I've pretty much concluded that CSS underlining is a basket case
from the perspective of WYSIWYG.  There's just no way to square it
with what users will expect without rewriting how it works, which is
unlikely to be worth the effort.  I've just given up on getting tricky
cases right for WYSIWYG underline/line-through.  Maybe we can think
about it at some future date.