Re: Transforms on inline elements

Hi all,

Last November, Simon wrote[1]:

> We now have multiple implementations of 2D Transforms[1], but do not
> have interoperable behavior when it comes to transforms applied to
> inline elements[…] I propose that CSS Transforms be limited to
> block-level elements, and inline elements that are never split into
> multiple boxes (i.e. replaced elements, inline-block and
> inline-table).

Simon's been intending to update the 2D Transforms spec to match this
proposal, but is quite busy on other work, so (with his go-ahead) I've
updated the spec wording to match the intent here.

Ted

P.S. I've been writing tests for the 2D Transforms spec; now I have
     an assertion in the spec to point to for this case. :)