RE: Action Item: Fix Float Positioning Rules for floats in run-ins

> On 9/22/10 1:20 AM, Stephen Zilles wrote:
> > This revised ordering holds for clears as well as
> > float positioning."
>
> What about painting?
>
> -Boris

[SZ] Good question. Since (I believe) the intent of a "run-in" is to make the content within it become part of the block (or list item) it runs into, then I would paint the run-in as it were part of that block (or list item). I believe that is the intent of saying in 9.2.3 Run-in boxes that "A is rendered as an 'inline' element at the start of B's principal box."

I would also note that I forgot the "or list-item" in the text I suggested. It should have been there.

Steve Zilles