Re: [css3 fonts] font-specific features

Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> This is not directly related but allow me to use the opportunity to
> ask the same dumb question I asked at Typecon: how do authors find
> out about the features available in a font and the correct integer
> values to use ?
>
> Next question for the Web Fonts WG is: would an enumeration of the
> features available in a font be a valuable use of the WOFF metadata
> block ? I suspect it would make the latter far more valuable to
> authors and thus add incentives for browser/tool vendors to display
> its content.

I think this is something to be included with font documentation.  For
example, HF&J clearly documents the stylistic sets supported by some
of their fonts:

http://www.typography.com/fonts/font_documentation.php?docID=6&productLineID=100026#sets

I think it would make perfect sense for font vendors to include
example @font-feature-values rules with their font documentation, that
would simplify things for authors.

I don't really see the need to get down to this level of specificity
within a WOFF file which already contains links to a font vendor's
site if provided.

John Daggett