RE: [cssom] Directions for better OM expansions

Right, so are you saying: the author should be able to retrieve a node's
computed/used style without having to make a separate explicit method call ?

> > - The ability to serialize the computed/used style of an element to a
> declaration
> > block and vice-versa, to turn a declaration block into a style object,
> may also
> > be useful for editor-type functionality.
> Hmm, I'm not certain I understand the use-case.  Can you elaborate?

Any scenario where you want to persist the style of an element for future reuse.
Debugging, serializing one or more nodes together with the inline style reflecting
their current state, storing custom style preferences...