RE: [cssom] Directions for better OM expansions

- Same here.

- I also think the use-cases should be evaluated based on
who the author is. Daniel or the people who build Firebug-type tools
have much different priorities from people who build apps. Serialization
matters a lot to the former group, less so to the latter.

I think keeping which kind of author we're talking about in mind will help
us understand whether a particular solution addresses the use-case. For
example, walking back from a cascaded style to its selector, specificity
etc. is very cool but something I could personally live without. Daniel
would say I'm crazy to be saying such a thing and stop talking to me for
a month.

So the specified/computed/used segregation is not useless to all authors.
For some features, being able to easily edit the specified value could
be useful to all authors e.g. changing a calc() expression without overwriting
the whole thing.

- I'd also like to break this down to a level where we know what use-cases
are covered - however imperfectly - by the current API. This is important
in terms of prioritizing those scenarios that are possible today.

- Re: #3 and used style. I think many authors expect computed style to be the
used style, not element.style. The latter was always the element's
style attribute afaik ?

- The ability to serialize the computed/used style of an element to a declaration
block and vice-versa, to turn a declaration block into a style object, may also
be useful for editor-type functionality.

- #5 sounds a lot like IE's runtimeStyle.

- Another aspect is media queries: whether/how styles that do not match are surfaced
in the OM, whether/how one can override media feature values...

- Yes to unit conversions.