Re: [css3-images] [css3-values] Inconsistent Angles

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 11:13 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

>> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:04 PM, fantasai<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
>>  wrote:

>>> He's saying what you're saying, just generalizing it so you don't need
>>> different rules depending on the angle's value.
>>>
>>> Here's the idea: You have an angle. You want a gradient.
>>>
>>> 1. Draw a directed line at that angle.
>>> 2. Place it over the centerpoint of the box. Call this point zero.
>>> 3. Draw a line perpendicular to the line.
>>> 4. Shift the line backwards (i.e. negatively) until the line's
>>>   intersection with the directed line is as negative as possible
>>>   while still intersecting the box.
>>>
>>> The intersection point in step 4 is the start point of the gradient.
>>
>> Oh, got it.  Yeah, that's just the opposite of how I'm currently
>> defining the ending point
>
> Starting point, Tab. He's using this to define the starting point.
> To find the ending point, you'd take step 4 to the most negative
> possible intersection.

...right.  That's what I said.  That definition is the *opposite* of
what I'm using for determining the ending point, where I just project
the perpendicular line forwards rather than backwards.