Re: [css3-3d-transforms] skewX()/skewY() methods missing from CSSMatrix interface ?

On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 22:50:08 +0200, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 22:28:17 +0200, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure how best to represent this in the specs. Maybe the 3D spec
>> should contain both 2D and 3D-related properties and methods?
>
> You could use Web IDL as e.g. CSSOM View does a lot:
>
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/#extensions-to-the-window-interface
>
> [Supplemental] interface Window { ... };
>

> So here that would be
>
> [Supplemental] interface CSSMatrix { ... };
>
> plus a reference that says the base CSSMatrix interface is defined in
> the 2D specification. That would be the cleanest I think if we want to
> keep these specifications separate.

Having said that we should probably sort out how this works together with
the CSSOM values API once people start experimenting with implementing
that.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/