Re: [css3-3d-transforms] skewX()/skewY() methods missing from CSSMatrix interface ?

On Sep 7, 2010, at 12:47 PM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> The current editor’s draft [1] does not include skewX() and skewY() methods in the CSSMatrix interface
> as the CSS3 2D Transforms module does. I assume this is an editorial issue ?
>
> [1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-3d-transforms/#cssmatrix-interface
> [2] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-2d-transforms/#cssmatrix-interface

This and the other issue you posted are related. Both are a result of the an attempt to describe CSSMatix in two separate specifications, in one case only describing those properties related to 2D transforms, and in another the additional properties that 3D transforms provide.

An implementation with only 2D transform support should implement CSSMatrix as described in the 2D spec. An implementation with 3D transform support should implement CSSMatrix with properties and methods from both specifications.

I'm not sure how best to represent this in the specs. Maybe the 3D spec should contain both 2D and 3D-related properties and methods?

Simon