Re: [css3-transitions][css3-values] transition-duration's inital value is '0' without a unit

On Oct 25, 2010, at 12:24 PM, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:

>> Units other than lengths aren't used very commonly anyway, so it's a
>> minority use-case in the first place.
>>
>> So, I don't see much utility in changing this; given that, I'd prefer
>> to make it easier to resolve shorthands.
>
> This, I think, is one good reason to limit this pattern to lengths.
> The more units accept unitless zeroes, the likelier parsing ambiguities
> might occur in future shorthands. It's already true for non-zero values,
> after all.

Personally, I'd prefer that other units be consistent with lengths in this regard, and allow zero to mean zero of any any and units, rather that make less experienced authors wonder what the special rule is for some properties to allow unit-less zeros and not others (after spending time isolating the problem). Can't we just create syntaxes in which zero is always unambiguous?