Re: [CSS 2.1][Section 10.3.7] Calculating width and margin-left for abs. pos. with max-width constraint

On 10/11/10 5:39 PM, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
>> and if the body padding is 8px
>> in the UA.
>
> Body padding must be 8px? Are you sure? Both testcases had body {margin:
> 8px;} which is the default in browsers.

Ah, ok.  Yeah, I keep forgetting whether the default is margin or
padding...  In any case, the tests are assuming 0 padding on body, and
certain styles on HTML, etc.  That might be ok.  Making the body be a
containing block for both divs just makes all those not matter, but
isn't strictly necessary.

-Boris