Re: [css3-transitions] Interpolating images

On Nov 30, 2010, at 1:25 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) In addition to crossfading, scale the images between the starting
> and ending size, so they always match in size.  This is probably
> expensive.  As a benefit, it's clear what the size of the cross-faded
> image is, for the purpose of background-repeat, background-size, etc.
>
> It's not expensive in a GPU-accelerated world. Let's just do this.

Let's not start assuming that GPU acceleration is available everywhere. It's
going to be a few years before GPU acceleration is widely available on mobile devices,
and different browsers have different levels of support for GPU acceleration.

However, I think that scaling the images is probably the most sensible solution
to this particular problem.

Simon