Re: [css3-color] somewhat broken link

On Saturday, October 30, 2010, 4:45:24 PM, David wrote:

DB> Hi,

DB> The two X11color links
DB> (http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/PR-css3-color-20101028/#X11COLORS) are
DB> redirected to something without expected/relevant content for the
DB> context (redirected to http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/).

This happens withmonotonous regularity for anything that points to MSDN. I'm not even sure why MSDN is being used there, its not as if Microsoft invented the names so they are not a primary source.

And I guess file:///etc/X11/rgb.txt won't really do, either :)

I suggest
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X11_color_names

which is more likely to continue to exist, and has useful historical background. This is an informative reference, so this seems fine.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG