Re: [css3-images] Proposed Gradients changes

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 18, 2010, at 10:22 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> And then the computed value of the direction would always be an angle.

Hrm, for some reason I didn't think of it in that terms.  That should
work just about as easily; rather than saying all the gradients are
two-point underneath, they're all angle underneath.

I don't like the keywords you have, though - I'd rather just restrict
it to "[ [left | right] || [top | bottom] ]" and still parse it like a
background position (that is, "left bottom" and "bottom left" both
work and mean the same thing).

This does make something that is strictly weaker than what exist
currently, but I think it still hits the 90% mark, and the
interpolation is somewhat prettier.  And, like I wanted, it's still
compatible with most gradients in practice.