Re: Transforms on inline elements

On Nov 15, 2010, at 10:17 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> On 11/16/10 1:09 AM, Simon Fraser wrote:
>> For this reason, I propose that CSS Transforms be limited to block-level elements, and inline elements that are never split into multiple boxes (i.e. replaced elements, inline-block and inline-table).
>
> Block elements can also be split into multiple boxes: see columns and pagination....

Right. I started to write a paragraph about this, and then removed it for simplicity.

I think handling transforms on split block element is easier, because they are not irregularly shaped. One approach would be to simply draw the two halves of a split block as if the transform had been applied before the box was split.

Simon