Re: [css3-transitions] Interpolating between values from different information sources

On Nov 1, 2010, at 4:10 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree.  I believe that 95% of all cases can be addressed with one of
> two things: an angle, or a box-cardinal direction (two horizontal, two
> vertical, four corner-to-corner).

My hunch is that in actual usage, it will be more like 97%-98% solvable as simple angles only, with the vast majority being horizontal or vertical, less than 10% diagonal (but still fixed direction), and only 2-3% needing the stretchable diagonal behavior. Of course, I AM just pulling these numbers out of the air, but I'm also thinking of designs in print and Web that I've worked on myself and seen from others.

> The specific idea I came up with lets us address both of those in a
> consistent way together, such that you can always interpolate between
> the two.  You can't do that with an explicit switch between two
> different behaviors.

I wonder how important that will be.