RE: Flexbox Draft, with pictures!

Actually exactly from language design point of view I much prefer separate keywords for direction and orientation. Good design makes common cases simple and complex cases possible. There is nothing simpler than horizontal/vertical and normal/reverse, and it will pay off greatly in authors immediately understanding and appreciating the usability. If you end up with having to use an extra three properties in an exotic use case that is just fine, as long as you can...

The point that properties that may apply elsewhere should have naming that is applicable elsewhere is good. It then needs specific understanding where that elsewhere will be, or it will just be overengineering (or overdesign).