Re: Selectors, vendor prefixes (again...) and IE9

@variables never shipped in any actual product.  ::selection did.  There's a big difference.  What's in nightly builds is irrelevant.  What matters is the syntax between shipping builds of Safari or Chrome.  We have the flexibility to drop or change syntax in nightly builds as long as we haven't shipped it yet.  That is in fact the whole reason I disabled @variables... fear that shipping it would lock us into supporting it forever (when the WG clearly had no consensus on behavior/syntax for the feature).

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)