Re: Selectors, vendor prefixes (again...) and IE9 and Opera and WebKit

On Friday 2010-05-14 19:27 +0200, Daniel Glazman wrote:
> Without that, we won't be able to move on and if we (hear the
> WG) can't make a decision here, the rule is simple: vendor
> prefix mandatory.

I don't think it's that simple.

First, I don't think one of the co-chairs of the working group has
the power to revoke, by himself, a Call for Implementations issued
by the WG / the W3C.

Second, I think that unless the working group has a better system
for moving things to call-for-implementations faster (i.e., with a
lighter weight process), browsers are going to be under a lot of
pressure to ignore the working group and drop prefixes when things
are reasonably interoperable.

-David