Re: [css3-background] background-size and zero length

On May 11, 2010, at 10:54 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> On 5/11/10 1:49 PM, Brian Manthos wrote:
>> For values below 0.00833333331px, Firefox continues to show no image.
>
> Right.  Lengths in Gecko are stored as integers in units that are 1/60 of a CSS px.  The number above is about 1/120.  So things smaller than that would would round to 0.

Why don't things less than half a device pixel round to zero (at least for used value)? That is what I would expect (unless you were going to simulate a 60th of a pixel by averaging the colors of the subpixels, the way anti-aliasing or image size interpolation does). I assume you have a perfectly logical reason, but I cannot guess what it is.