RE: [css3-background] background-size and zero length

Elaborating...

I see 3 different renderings in 3 different browsers, so I’d like to make sure I understand it correctly.

From: Brian Manthos
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 8:58 AM
To: 'Brad Kemper'
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Subject: RE: [css3-background] background-size and zero length

Where is the rounding rule for the zero case defined?

I see it defined for the non-zero case, as you observed as well.

Is the zero case rounding rule left as UA-defined?

I’m not clear on how to follow this rule without an equation or having it specified in prose:
If ‘background-repeat<http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/#background-repeat>’ is ‘round’ for one (or both) dimensions, there is a second step. The UA must scale the image in that dimension (or both dimensions) so that it fits a whole number of times in the background positioning area.

Thanks,
-Brian