Re: suggestion: fixed-aspect-ratio CSS rule for block elements

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Julien Cayzac <julien.cayzac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> we'll just use the existing <aspect-ratio> type.
>
> Your use of future tense cheers me up :-)
> Does that mean the Chrome team is "officially" interested in implementing
> this?

No, I speak entirely for myself unless I make it clear that I speak
for the team.

> I am quite new to the list so I don't really know how this WG works: do you
> have to meet with the other parties to discuss its inclusion or will
> somebody have to write a proposal..?
>
> Is there any chance for this to be included in CSS3 at all or will it be in
> a later revision?

What ends up happening is that, at some point, the editor of a
relevant draft chooses to put it in, possibly first running it past
the rest of the group either on the list or in a telcon.

Whether it goes in one of the modules identified as "level 3" isn't
really important; there is no single "CSS3" for it to be a part of.
It would just be a part of some module, whether at level 3 or 4.

~TJ