Re: [css3-transitions] Back-tracking transition-timing-function

On Wednesday 2010-05-05 23:46 -0700, Simon Fraser wrote:
> We modeled transition/animation timing functions after SVG keySplines:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-smil-animation-20010904/#KeySplinesAttribute
>
> which limit the values between 0 and 1.
>
> We'd be OK lifting this restriction for CSS (assuming people are
> happy with the divergence from SVG), but we'd have to make some
> rules about how properties like color get clamped when you go
> outside the 0->1 range.

There is a relationship between this discussion and the discussion
about reversing transitions.  I currently have an unlanded patch
that vastly simplifies (by avoiding dependence on distance
computation) Gecko's handling of reversing of transitions using
inversion of the transform timing function.

Then again, we need the distance computation for SMIL, so I could
perhaps leave it as-is, although I really don't want to figure out
how to write a distance computation function for transforms.

-David