Re: [css3-background] vastly different takes on "blur"

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>wrote:

> Interesting.  I'm really not seeing that.  Check out this test case, frex:
>
> <!DOCTYPE html>
> white; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;">
> absolute; top: 700px; left: 183px;"></div>
>
> (You may have to adjust the "left" on the <div>.)
>
> It seems very clear from a visual inspection that the blur only
> extends outward roughly 50px.  This effect occurs on both my Windows
> and Linux machines.

With that testcase, there's a 79 pixel-wide shadow of
not-completely-transparent pixels on both my Mac and Linux trunk builds.
Certainly some of those pixels are not apparent to the naked eye :-) ... a
screen magnifier that displays the actual color values of selected pixels is
useful.

Rob
53:5-6]